Saturday, June 16, 2012

"One small step for Man,One giant leap for mankind..."

I have kept online journals in the past- so this shouldn't be all that different.

So, A Place for My Head....
A place where I can write until my heart is content. Where I can give my thoughts a chance to escape.

At this stage, this blog will be a chance for me to express my thoughts and feelings. A place where I can be me. A place where I can share my photographs.. Something I love to do.

Being able to express myself is something really important.
So here is a little bit about me.

I'm 27 years old and I live in Sydney. I have 2 sisters and a brother and come from a very large extended family.

I am currently studying at University and have been on and off since 2003. I am doing a Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Art History and I hope to take that to doing a Masters in Art Therapy or Arts Education. Yeah, B of Arts shouldn't take that long, but I had a few years off in amongst all that as well dropping to Part Time. 

I have a Mental Illness which doesn't define me, but is a part of me that I have had to learn to live with. The social stigma of which is much harder to deal with. I hope that one day, it won't be so taboo to have a Mental Illness in society and that people won't be afraid to reach out for help as the fear of judgement is currently far too strong.

I like to write poems and use them as a way of expressing my thoughts and feelings. I will share these with you as I go. I love taking photos and have many that I would like to share as well.

I would like this to be a space where I can express myself freely and openly without the fear of judgement and hope that if anyone does read this, and can relate, that they too, feel they can express themselves as well.

I think that might be all for now.. The rest will come as I go along...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your blogging and look forward to seeing your pics. Ps Good luck with your studies.

    ReplyDelete